The “Power of Community” was in full force on November 17 as nearly 100 scholars, university and government officials gathered in Tel Aviv for the 6th Annual Zuckerman US-Israel Symposium.
Panel discussions highlighted the importance of creating and growing community and the power of effective communication, including how and when to use social media to build community.
As always, the symposium welcomed the newest cohort of Zuckerman scholars, including seven new faculty scholars who are opening labs at seven Israeli universities. Each gave a brief presentation of their research and thanked the Zuckerman STEM Leadership Program for facilitating their return to Israel.
Welcoming new Faculty Scholars:
- Alex Brodsky, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- David Deutsch, University of Haifa
- Gali (Galit) Fichman, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Ariella Glasner, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology
- Assaf Hamo, Bar-Ilan University
- Yaara Oren, Tel Aviv University
- Osip Schwartz, Weizmann Institute of Science (Zoom)