The Zuckerman STEM Leadership Program is proud to welcome its seventh cohort of scholars for the 2023-2024 academic year. This impressive group, 25 leaders in their respective STEM fields from the US, Canada and Israel, will focus on research, make new discoveries and create cycle of excellence between these countries.
We are grateful to the Selection Committee, who guides the application process, encourages diversity and helps govern the selection of our scholars. The Zuckerman STEM Leadership Program is grateful for the strategic partnership with Israel’s Council for Higher Education, and many universities in the US and Israel.
Introducing the 2023-2024 Zuckerman Scholars and their host institutions:
Zuckerman Faculty Scholars
- Igal Berenshtein from University of Miami to University of Haifa
- Leah Houri-Zeevi from Rockefeller University to Tel Aviv University
- Danielle Karo-Atar from McGill University to Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Eyal Karzbrun from University of California Santa Barbara to Weizmann Institute of Science
- Omer Revah from UC Berkeley to The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Pavel Sidorenko from Cornell University to Technion – Israel Institute of Technology
- Moran Yadid from Stanford University to Bar-Ilan University
Zuckerman Postdoctoral Scholars
- Talia Borofsky from Stanford University to The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Eleanor (Ellie) Diamant from University of California, Los Angeles to Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Avital Fischer from Stanford Health Care to Tel Aviv University
- Sophia Gad-Nasr from University of California, Irvine to Technion – Israel Institute of Technology
- Wade Hann-Caruthers from The California Institute of Technology to Technion – Israel Institute of Technology
- Lucas Hall from Arizona State University to University of Haifa
- Benjamin Levitan from McGill University to Weizmann Institute of Science
- Gabriel Man from Princeton University to Bar-Ilan University
- Aaron Mueller from Johns Hopkins University to Technion – Israel Institute of Technology
- Marec Serlin from University of California, Santa Barbara to The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Grace Snyder from University of Miami to Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Sarah Spitzer from University of Michigan to Weizmann Institute of Science
Zuckerman Israeli Postdoctoral Scholars
- Ariel Friedman from Bar-Ilan University to Northeastern University
- Daniel Halperin from Ben-Gurion University of the Negev to Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Daniel Kaplan from Weizmann Institute of Science to Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- Aviv Karnieli from Tel Aviv University to Stanford University
- Rana Shahout from Technion – Israel Institute of Technology to Harvard University
- Kfir Sulimany from The Hebrew University of Jerusalem to Massachusetts Institute of Technolog
Our Community Continues to Grow!
Our US-Israel STEM community has experienced incredible growth in the past seven years. From the tens of researchers who participated at the start of the program in 2016, the Zuckerman STEM program now includes hundreds of researchers in Israel, the US and Canada who are sustaining a productive cycle of academic exchange.