The Game Theory Group at the Technion (Israel) is inviting applications for fully-funded postdoctoral positions in Game Theory (broadly defined). As a postdoc at our group, you will work with a varied team comprised of both leading researchers and young, highly motivated colleagues, all of whom are passionate about topics at the intersection of computer science, economics, operations research, and game theory.
- A Ph.D. degree obtained no earlier than 5 years and no later than 1 month prior to the expected start of the postdoc.
- Evidence of successful research accomplishments (discipline dependent; e.g., in CS, such evidence would usually be publications at top-tier conferences).
If you fit this profile and are passionate about an academic research career path, we would love to hear from you. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until positions are filled. The exact starting date is flexible/negotiable. Positions are for 1 year and are renewable for up to 3 years. There are no teaching duties (in some cases, compensation for performing additional teaching duties may be arranged).
Applications should be addressed to [email protected] and should include:
- One representing research paper (possibly published)
- A short research statement (no more than 200 words)
- 3 recommendation letters (please ask for these to be sent directly to [email protected])
Typically post-doctoral scholarships range from $25,000 to $40,000 per year and carry no teaching duties. Note that scholarship income is not taxed in Israel and this may apply to non-residents through tax treaties. Also, the cost of living in Haifa is comparatively low. For example, the monthly rental of a one/two bedroom apartment in Haifa costs around $500-$800. For general information about doing a postdoc at the Technion, visit the Technion International School.
If you have already submitted your application to our earlier announcement this year then there is no need to re-apply. However please make sure that we have received 3 letters.
Please check out https://gametheory.net.technion.ac.il/post-doc-positions/