We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher to join our therapeutic genome editing team. Our laboratory focuses on developing precise and efficient CRISPR genome editing as a curative therapy for genetic diseases. In particular, we are interested in developing an optimized CRISPR genome editing for gene therapy of hematopoietic inherited disorders such as severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID). Our research also focuses on applying the CRISPR technology to treat malignancies using cancer-immunotherapy.
The Hendel lab is specialized in a variety of cutting-edge technologies such as next generation sequencing, flow cytometry, ex-vivo manipulation of stem and progenitor cells, viral vector design and hematopoietic stem cells transplantation into mice models. The Hendel lab has assembled a multidisciplinary team of collaborators who fuse the creativity of academics with clinical experience to create a highly supportive research environment necessary to abridge the bench to bedside gap.
Bar-Ilan University is one of Israel’s leading center of higher learning. Thanks to its ideal geographic location, Bar-Ilan University’s campus is easily accessible to students arriving from all regions of the country. Conveniently situated within a 20 minutes’ drive from Tel Aviv. Hendel’s lab is fully equipped with all facilities needed to carry out pre-clinical gene therapy research. Hendel’s lab has a full access to the high quality infrastructure that Bar-Ilan University offers including imaging, next generation sequencing, FACS and animal core facilities.
- A highly motivated immunologist who is desired to make an impact in the field of genome editing and gene therapy.
- Candidate should be able to lead the project independently with high dedication and responsibility and should have a strong work ethics.
- Candidate will be a team player capable of working in a fast-paced research environment.
- Prior experience in next generation sequencing (NGS) and molecular biology is essential (cloning, qRT-PCR).
- Prior experience in FACS operation and analysis is essential.
- Prior experience with mice handling is essential.
- One first author publication in a high quality journal.